Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bates is doing better today so far- thank God! He's more alert, took his feeds fine and din't get sick, and his stomach has gone down. His temperature is still fluctuating. Hopefully, he can get into an open crib soon. He weighs 6 pounds now!!! We joke about his double (sometimes triple) chin- love it! I had a great time holding him today and doing kangaroo care. My sweet friend, Whitney, came and it was so awesome having her there. She brought me lunch which was great as it's hard to find time to get food, and also was able to meet the kiddos. (:  I am so thankful for her!

A really awesome thing she got to see was Brooklyn in her open crib!! We are so excited she was able to maintain her temperature and take this awesome step! I have a picture below. I also gave a sponge bath to Brooklyn- she looked so cute with her hair spiked up with soap. The focus for her is now on her being able to increase feeds and digest them well and for her wound to heal quickly and well. We are so thankful for the awesome things God is doing in Brooklyn!

I had the sweetest moment I have had yet with Gracie- I was bottle feeding Grace and she looked right at me for the longest time. That connecting time was so great! All the pictures below are of Brooklyn except the last one.






No comments:

Post a Comment