Friday, June 10, 2011

Grace's Homecoming!!!

Yep- it's true, Grace is home!!! Awe, such a relief and blessing to have her home! It was so exciting to see all the nurses gathered around her, clapping and applauding as we walked out. It was so emotional walking by Bates, and then bringing Gracie up to Brooklyn- seeing her look at Brooklyn took my breath away- the first time they have been that close since we had them April 1st.

Mrs. Lynn is an amazing person who made three beautiful day gowns for our babies- the first letter of their names monogrammed on their gowns. Gracie wore it coming home from the hospital and to the house for the first time- thank you, Mrs. Lynn! Pictures are below.

It was pretty hysterical that right before we were going to leave we decided to change her diaper bc she gave us plenty of obvious signs she had a dirty diaper. So, we went to change her dirty diaper, and she sure left her signature by "projectile pooping" in her crib. We were cracking up. And, then, of course, she went again, so we had to change her diaper again- gotta love it. (:

Bates is now up to 15 cc's of milk per 3 hours bottle feeding! He was greta today!

Brooklyn's CRP went up today (went from 0.6 to 3.4) which is not good and can be a sign of inflammation or infection. Her x-ray was not vey good yesterday, but looked a little better today. She spit up most of the milk she was given today. I am praying, praying, praying that her CRP goes down in the next day, for her liver level continues to come down (came down some today- thank you, Lord)) and that her jaundice level comes down. She was so precious today. Thank you for joining us in prayer and belief in Bates and Brooklyn healing completely and quickly!!! They are so precious and we can't wait to see them tomorrow!

Right now, Gracie is curled up on her daddy's tummy and is in Heaven. It is surreal and so moving to have her home. I have some pictures and a video below!

                                           
                                                  One of our favorite nurses, Bethany!






Another wonderful nurse, Margarita





Some of the great nurses who have taken care of Gracie: Bethany, Donna, Robert, and Margarita


In the car, on the way home

Finally Home!!!


Precious moments









Brooklyn



Mimi with Brooklyn


3 comments:

  1. So glad to see that Gracie is home, you can tell she has her daddy's heart. Will continue to pray for each of you.
    Love,
    Rhyda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO SO awesome! I just told Violet that one of them was home and she gasped. So Greg said we should thank God now and she just bursted out spontaneously in prayer thanking God! Then we prayed for Bates and Brooklyn. I am so happy, I wish I could bring you over something, but everyone in our family is sick with colds, so I am staying away from your house with a 10ft pole!
    Praise God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a happy day that was surely your family's yesterday when Gracie was able to come home. I was thrilled that the little daygown fit well enough for her to wear it. She made a fantastic model !!! I am storming heaven with prayers for little sister and brother to join Gracie at home soon. I am overwhelmed with joy and thankfulness for God's goodness. It has been an honor and blessing to grow to love this sweet family whom I have never met. Thank you for your faithfulness in posting news and needs.
    "Mrs. Lynn"

    ReplyDelete