Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April 1, 2011: Never did I realize what a special day April Fools Day would be to us!

It's funny how God works- you think things will happen a certain way (such as me thinking I wouldn't deliver until 34 weeks), and then you discover that life is out of your hands and truly full of surprises. At 7pm, when I heard I was going to deliver in 30 minutes at 29 weeks, I was shocked. I couldn't believe it was all happening so fast.

Christian had to navigate through cancelled flights, delayed flights, and yes, more delayed flights, totaling 9 hours of traveling time. I have a truly amazing husband who would stop at no end to try and make sure he was there with me.

Once the doctors rushed me into the delivery room where there were probably 15 to 20 medical staff, I figured it would take a while for the babies to arrive. Well, before I knew it, I heard the most precious sound- Bates Crying at 7:34pm, Brooklyn crying at 7:35pm, and Grace crying at 7:36pm. I was astounded by the miracles of these three little angels.

I am grateful my mom was with me during the time of delivery as Christian wasn't able to make it in time because of the delayed flights. While we were both heart-broken he wasn't able to make it, there couldn't be anything better than the time we have been able to spend with each of our babies. I am so very thankful for the blessing of getting to experience the birth and growth of our three babies with my husband- I couldn't ask for anything more. And, now, the journey begins....

Grace- 7:36pm, 2 lbs. 6 oz.


Bates- 7:34pm, 2 lbs., 13 oz.

Brooklyn- 7:35pm, 2 lbs. 7 oz.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Bates, Brooklyn, and Grace!
    Christian and Linsey, I cant tell you how happy scott and i are for you and for family. We think of you often and wish we were closer to bring over a meal and visit. We are in awe of Gods three big blessings in your life and continue to keep you in our prayers. Bates, Brooklyn, and Grace are truely blessed to have such wonderful parents. We Love you and miss you!
    Love, Scott and Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your miracles with us. We cannot wait to see you all and celebrate with you. Love from the Halseys

    ReplyDelete