The nurses told us in the beginning that the babies would take a few steps back and then a few steps forward and that this cycle would continue. Well, we can definitely say that we have experienced this "roller coaster" they were talking about. Bates gave us a scare last night with a lot of spitting up issues and a lot of gas in his stomach. The doctors did some x-rays this morning and, praise God, he is fine. His stomach went down today and he has spit up less. I was able to hold him "kangaroo kare" style today for an hour which is the same as skin to skin, which was wonderful. I also was able to hold Brooklyn this way for a while- she immediately melted in my arms and fell right asleep. I loved every minute of it. She is the one leading the pack right now with how she is doing. Grace was snuggled so cozy and content in her bed, so I sat with her for a bit. She is also doing well. This time with the babies in the NICU is emotionally exhausting, but y'alls prayers are making a huge difference. Thank you!!! I am so thankful we know the Lord, as He is literally guiding us during this time. As Christian constantly reminds me, Jesus' hand is on Bates, Brooklyn, and Grace- this calms me and allows me to do a better job of just trying to trust all this with God. My motto has been, one day at a time. I am so thankful to the Lord for his bountiful blessings in our lives; especially for our friends and family who are walking this exciting journey with us, and of course, for our three bundles of joy!
Hey Lins & Christian,
ReplyDeleteBrad and I are in awe of what amazing little miracles you guys get to raise. praying for you all on this journey. your babies are beautiful and i love and appreciate your examples!!
have a good night,
love you guys!!
shareese & Brad