I just had to share this amazing part of a book I'm reading in my Bible Study, "The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism" by Tim Keller. This just hit home about God's amazing selfless love for us:
"It is crucial at this point to remember that the Christian faith has always understood that Jesus Christ is God. God did not, then, inflict pain on someone else, but rather on the cross absorbed the pain, violence and evil of the world into himself...This is a God who becomes human and offers his own lifeblood in order to honor moral justice and merciful love so that someday he can destroy all evil without destroying us...Bonhoeffer repeatedly attested to this, claiming that it was Jesus' forgiveness of him on the cross that gave him such a security in God's love that he could live a life of sacrificial service to others."
I pray that this encourages your day and keeps in perspective what is most important: seeking First His Kingdom and His righteousness.
No comments:
Post a Comment