Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Kids are doing great! Bates eye seems to be improving- I have to patch his left eye 2-3 hours a day but he's doing well with it so far. He's all BOY- I think he believes he is part of a football team with all his pushing lately. But, we've been trying to teach him that he needs to be more gentle with girls. (: He also is still so sweet and compassionate. And, when one of the girls is crying, he will usually bend down and say their name over and over really concerned-like. Still a mama's boy! Brooklyn is doing great also- the first one to be able to climb the rope ladders outside, but also the one who most likes the playhouse and "cooking." She's still so corky and so sweet. Those dimples- they melt my heart! I feel like Gracie is laughing hysterically and being a goof ball, very focused on putting flash cards in their case or some other random activity, or having an all our tantrum bc she is hungry- seriously, she is a different person after she eats (just like me!). Gracie loves to help me clean, watch us cook, and is our little athlete- she loves swimming, the climber, throwing balls, etc.

B, B & G are playing more and more together, whether it's Ring around the roses, throwing balls, pushing cars back and forth to each other, or laughing together. Love seeing that. We have taken them to the pool a few times lately. They LOVE it. It's a bit stressful for us since they can't swim yet, but hopefully, they will learn soon!

Lots of laughter and lots of fun last night- I'm thinking Christian dropped some cups of coffee in their milk. (: You'll see what I'm talking about in the videos...




This is from a few weeks ago when we took them for pizza.


Fell asleep in the car after spending the day in D.C.- we had such a blast!

 Having a picnic in D.C.
 Enjoying time at the park



Mother's Day- loungin' with my girls




3 comments:

  1. What a great update on fun family times !! I have checked back now and then to see if there was a new posting and was delighted to see this one tonight. In my wildest dreams it's hard for me to imagine handling all of that energy generated by those cute, active kiddos ! They are so adorable. My thoughts tonight with tears in my eyes....what if we could have had a glimpse of their life as it is today when they were going through those long, shaky days as newborns. I am overwhelmed by the goodness of our God. Sending prayers daily and blessings, "Miss Lynn"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your comment, Mrs. Lynn! You are so right about what if we could get a glimpse of them now when we were going through the tough times. One of the nurses, Lauren, told me, one day they will soon be riding bikes and you will wonder where all the time went, so I kept that picture in my mind. That one and them at the beach one day soon. I seriously think that helped get me through it. You are SUCH a huge blessing to us. Thank you for always caring and praying. I pray you have a joy-filled day today and that God blesses your family greatly!

      Delete
  2. What great videos and pictures, they are growing so much, getting tall, and so cute. Thank you for the updates, always enjoy seeing the changes in them. May God Bless each of you and have a good summer. Rhyda

    ReplyDelete