Thursday, June 27, 2013

Exciting news!


Hi, friends. Christian and I have some exciting news to share with you. (: We have started the process of international adoption! For a long time, I have wanted to adopt- the idea of so many children out there not having a family pains me. In February, Christian and I talked about it, and he said he didn't feel led to, but said he would be open to praying about it. In the meantime, I just prayed for God to open His heart to it if this was the path for us, as I felt it was.  About two months later, Christian came to me and said that God had moved his heart towards adoption and that he was confident it was what we should do. He also said he felt that we should do a special needs adoption as he's always had a compassionate heart towards kids with special needs. But, no matter where the child lives or the child's situation, every child needs a home, so as we move forward, we want to be open and understand that we could be directed to a "healthy" child, one with correctable "special needs" or one with uncorrectable "special needs. Would also love your prayers for the Lord's direction in this.  
We are not sure of the place yet- some places require a very long stay in the country to pick up the child which we couldn't do, so we are focusing on the countries with shorter travel time requirememts:  China, Hong Kong and Ethiopia. They said that from here the process usually takes 8 months to a year.

We know this will be a lot, but after a lot of prayer and conversations, we are excited about moving forward in this process of bringing a little guy or gal into our family and would really love your prayers!

God Bless y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Y'all are such a special family that I am not surprised that you desire to open your hearts and home to a child needing the love and care that you have to share. I am currently praying for a family in our church who are in the process of adopting a little boy from Haiti. I will put your desire to adopt on my prayer list right under their name. It will be exciting to see how the Lord will work as you proceed in this new adventure. Love and blessings, "Mrs. Lynn"

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God's blessings be with you in your efforts to adopt. This will require strength, patience and trust in the Lord; all of which you both have in abundance. My prayers are with you.
    Aunt Zoe

    ReplyDelete