Saturday, December 27, 2014

I'll update more about Thanksgiving and Christmas later, but wanted to go ahead and share a snapshot of what we did Christmas Day.
We had an awesome time visiting the NICU on Christmas where Bates, Brooklyn and Gracie

spent a long time as babies getting well since they were born so small. It was very emotional  
and unforgettable, 3.5 years later, remembering the way God brought our kiddos through 

that tough time, healing them, and getting to see the amazing nurses and doctors who were 

the reason are kids are doing so well and thriving today. That was a highlight of our 

Christmas. So very thankful!




Bringing cookies and cupcakes to the nurses and doctors at the Nicu in Fairfax.



Bethany was one of B, B & G's amazing nurses at fairfax and is now a dear friend. And, Dr. Littman, who brought Bates and Brooklyn through one of the scariest times in our lives, and always brought hope and wisdom to decisions made in caring for them. I will be forever grateful to Dr. Littman, Bethany and all the nurses who made such a difference.

Katie Herold is another nurse that brought me so much hope with Brooklyn when she was very sick. I remember to this day a picture Katie showed me on her phone of a two year old girl who experienced the same sickness Brooklyn had when she was a baby and how she was thriving and doing great. I will always remember how Katie encouraged me that day. Getting to now see Brooklyn doing so well and so healthy overwhelms my heart with thankfulness and joy.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


1 comment:

  1. Dear Precious Family, I saw this post earlier but was interrupted before I could comment and did not get back and time slipped away. I know that all of those involved in the early part of the lives of the "wonderful three" were very touched and encouraged by your visit. God certainly heard a lot of prayers from me and plenty of others, I'm sure, during those "touch and go" days. I rejoice daily with you for the blessing of how far they have come and how many prayers have been answered. I continue to lift up your family daily in my prayers. Love and blessings, "Mrs Lynn"

    ReplyDelete